May 16, 2012

a message to the readers


Alan Moore: [...] As for the readers, I have to say that if you are a reader that just wanted your favorite characters on tap forever, and never cared about the creators, then actually you're probably not the kind of reader that I was looking for.  I have a huge respect for my audience.  On the occasions when I meet them, they seem, I like to think, to be intelligent and scrupulous people.  If people do want to go out and buy these Watchmen prequels, they would be doing me an enormous favor if they would just stop buying my other books.  When I think of my audience, I like to have good thoughts and think about how lucky I am to have one that is as intelligent as mine and as moral as mine.

1 comment:

Paolo said...

Amo Alan Moore e la sua opera tutta! Non acquisterò i prequel di Watchmen per il rispetto che provo nei confronti del suo lavoro. Detto questo, la sua furia 'moralista' mi ricorda il Michele Apicella di Bianca (film che adoro)! XD