Apr 5, 2016

Jim Starlin on Alan Moore

Page from Supreme - The Return Vol.1 No.2. Art by Jim Starlin.
Below, a short text written by comics legend JIM STARLIN, published online in August 2001 as contribution to the Ultrazine.org Alan Moore Special (the site is not reachable anymore).

I think of Alan as arguably the best writer of comics today.
I've always admired the way he's structures a story and his characterization.
I've only had one opportunity to work with Alan [on Supreme - The Return Vol.1 No.2, Awesome Entertainment, 1999 - editor's note] and that went badly because of the unprofessional behavior of the publisher.
I sincerely hope that someday I'll be able to collaborate with him on another project.
But in the meantime I'll just look forward to reading whatever his fertile mind produces, like all other comic fans. [Jim Starlin, August 2001]
Page from Supreme - The Return Vol.1 No.2. Art by Jim Starlin.

1 comment:

Mike said...

As a Dreadstar fan, I remember how excited I was when I heard Starlin was doing Supreme. It's unfortunate that it was only one issue, but it was a fun one. To be honest, I always liked Starlin more as a writer/artist rather than doing art for others.