Dec 31, 2019

Mister Vile and the others

Excerpt from an interview from Cerebro vol.3 no.15, July/August 1982.  
CEREBRO: Good morning, Mister Vile. Would I be correct in assuming that 'Curt Vile' is a pseudonym? 
Good evening, Mr. Stachelski. Yes of course Curt Vile is a pseudonym, you jerk. What kind of mother would name her firstborn Curt Vile? My real name is Elrod Sanilav. On occasion I have also posed as Alan Moore, Jill de Ray, and Translucia Baboon. And as a scintillating tidbit of information for all you fans of the adorable Bauhaus pop group I can reveal that the sleeve notes on the second album 'Mask' were also by me in the guise of avant garde poet Brilburn Logue. My one abiding fear is that one day I'll wake up and find that I'm really a pseudonym for John Wagner or T.B. Grover. Incidentally, is Stachelski your real name, or did you arrive at it by throwing darts at a Scrabble board?

No comments: