May 21, 2021

Vanilla Moore Music

Vanilla Comics Magazine
In recent times I found out that Vanilla magazine, produced and published by Kali Discorporation in 2017, included a fantastic interview with Alan Moore focused on his music memories and influences . 
The whole magazine is quite an interesting reading: I highly recommend it!!!
Vanilla is available as both an 80 page Physical Magazine and a Digital pdf.
The Magazine costs £6.99 with £5.50 postage (UK Post Office International Standard - received within 3 - 5 working days). The Digital pdf costs £5 (file size: 17.9MB).

The Alan Moore Interview consists of 13 pages, including illustrations, and focuses on Moore's experiences with both Magic and Music.
 
For purchase, contact directly Vanilla's editor, Andy Williams at: andyxwilliams95 AT gmail DOT com
For more information about the creators and content, visit Vanilla's website: HERE.
Above, an excerpt from Moore interview.
VANILLA: What would be your earliest musical memory?
ALAN MOORE: It would probably be that strange morass of novelty songs by which children's radio in the 1950s was largely possessed. So, my earliest memories would be things like Nellie the Elephant and also much, much stranger things which nobody I've spoken to can remember; which leads me to suspect that I may have dreamed them. Those odd little songs that you sometimes remember from back then and they seem so strange by today's standards and tastes that they almost seem from a different universe.

I remember one, I Wuv You I Wuv You Said the Little Blue Man [The Little Blue Man by Betty Johnson]. It was about a woman who was plagued by some kind of hallucinatory Smurf, who apparently loved her, and it ended up with her throwing him off a building.

[...] It wasn't until the beat explosion of the early '60s that I really started taking notice, when I was about seven or eight. That was when the Beatles and The Rolling Stones and all other fantastic artists of the period were starting to emerge.

I wouldn't say that I had the best of tastes. I would buy Fabulous every week. This later become Fabulous 208; I don't know what the 208 was for. This mainly produced big colour pictures of all the top artistes of the day. So, at the age of seven or eight, I had one wall of my bedroom covered in cut-out figures of superheroes from the covers of comics and the other wall was plastered with pictures of The Swinging Blue Jeans, Manfred Mann, and some other bands which are probably forgotten. I remember Herman's Hermits being there. Cilla Black, at one point, back when she still seemed credible. I know that's a long time ago! [...]
For more information about the creators and content, visit Vanilla's website: HERE.

No comments: