Oct 18, 2022

Moore The Merrier

Excerpt from a 2-page interview (titled "Moore The Merrier") contained in Big Issue North n.1454, 17-23 OCTOBER 2022. Interview conducted by Dan Whitehead.
Buy a copy HERE!
[...] “I started out doing comedy stuff,” he explains in his unmistakable Midlands baritone rumble. Indeed, his first published work was as a cartoonist in the 1970s for music magazine
Sounds, for which he supplied the anarchic comic strip Roscoe Moscow under the wonderfully punk nom de plume Curt Vile.
“After the early stages of my career in America, I think that people tended to see me as that guy who does the dark gritty dystopian material and that I was some kind of grim, dark gritty guy. Even in the most horrific things that I’ve done, there’s generally a joke or two in there somewhere. I like humour. Nobody wants to be a dark British dystopian guy forever, you know? it’s not a good look.”
His playfully dry humour is definitely to the fore in several of the stories in Illuminations. [...]

Order your copy HERE!

No comments: