Feb 22, 2023

Alan Moore's cane

Few weeks ago DC co-bosses James Gunn and Peter Safran finally revealed their plans for the new DC movies included one focused on The Authority. In his newsletter - Orbital Operations for 5 February 2023, titled Big Sound Authority - Warren Ellis commented the news:
THE AUTHORITY was a comics series I created with and for the artist Bryan Hitch, with colourist Laura DePuy (now Laura Martin) in the late 1990s at DC Wildstorm. It was actually just Wildstorm when we started - I remember Jim Lee and Scott Dunbier gathering us all to dinner in London to explain that Wildstorm was being bought by DC, that doughty pair having just returned from Northampton to explain it all to Alan Moore.

"Alan got out of the cab with a walking stick in his hand, and I swear to god it looked like a cudgel he'd brought to beat us to death with."

Alan Moore, to me later: "Ah, yes.  I affect a cane these days."

(Note: this is the correct English formulation of a sentence that might otherwise read, "I carry a cane as a personal affectation.")
- Warren Ellis
 You can subscribe to Orbital Operations HERE.

No comments: