Nov 25, 2013

Moore says: "Oh no, we're the mainstream!"

Alan Moore photo by Chris Boland. Used under Creative Commons license.
Excerpt from an interview by Stuart Kelly published on The Guardian.

Moore is most concerned with Jerusalem, his fiction.

"I am currently on the last official chapter, which I am doing somewhat in the style of Dos Passos. It should be finished by the end of the year or close to it. I don't know if anyone else will like it at all," he muses. I say that I can't wait, and that it strikes me that the style he and the likes of Iain Sinclair and Michael Moorcock pioneered has become central to literary culture. He sighs, shaking the walls: "Oh God, have we? Oh no, we're the mainstream!"

The complete piece can be read here.

For more info about photographer Chris Boland, visit his site here.

No comments: