Jun 9, 2020

Alan Moore on Joshua Spiller's debut novel

The 8th Emotion
Joshua Spiller, from an email that he has sent me: 
[...] Alan’s been my favourite writer since I was about 14, and when I recently finished my debut novel, I gave him a proof copy on the off chance he’d be willing to provide a quote for it. Incredibly, and very generously, he did.

Not fantasy so much as post-science Science Fiction, not a game of thrones so much as a game of misunderstood antique recliners, Josh Spiller’s striking debut shows us Utopia dwindled to an underfunded sink estate and threatened by the discovery of a devastating new colour in the spectrum of the heart. ‘The 8th Emotion’ marks the emergence of a fascinating fresh voice in the field, and I urge you to feel it as soon as is possible.
– Alan Moore
[...] Alan’s approach to storytelling was (and is) hugely formative for me.
The book is available HERE. 
Joshua Spiller's Twitter page, here; Tumbr, here. 

No comments: