Jun 20, 2020

Watchmen's crime scene by Eduardo Risso

Art by EDUARDO RISSO.
Above, an exceptional illustration by acclaimed Argentinian artist EDUARDO RISSO that captures Watchmen's fundamental crime scene featuring detectives Steven Fine and Joe Bourquin, and dead Edward Blake. The image has been realized as contribution to Watchmen 20 anni dopo, an Italian tribute book to Watchmen published in 2006 by Lavieri.
I must confess something: I read Watchmen for the first time not so long time ago. Almost at 20 years of its first publication. I had heard a lot about its story, and I wanted to give me the possibility to be introduced into the world of superheroes starting with that incredible and exciting history. I had been a kind of “superheroes’ culture ignorant” – not by election, just by a lack of opportunity to get those comic books in my hometown when I was younger.

And how big was my surprise… Those were the heroic characters I always wanted to see! Those ones which lived a simple life, like every one of us, and they became heroes just to choose to fight for an ideal, a principle or for someone beloved.

Basically, I could have chosen anyone of them to illustrate in this opportunity, because all and each one of them deserve my great affection, my greater respect and my eternal gratefulness… and so their authors. - Eduardo Risso, 2006.

No comments: